Compte Titre Ordinaire for English Customers
One account to make the most of the stock market.
Shares, securities, SICAV, mutual funds
A single account to manage all of your short, medium and long-term investments on stock markets around the world!
There is no minimum subscription time for the Compte Titres (Shares Account). Your investments are available at any time and there are no limits on the amount you can invest. We do advise, however, that you respect the recommended minimum term of each investment.
You choose how you invest your money. Occasional deposits or regular transfers from your Plan d’Epargne Boursière (Stock Market Savings Plan – PEB): the choice is yours!
Good to know: Interest payments on savings accounts (both regulated and unregulated) are subject to the “règle de la quinzaine” (“fortnight rule”). Deposits made between the 1st and the 15th of the month start bearing interest from the 16th. Equally, money deposited between the 16th and the last day of the month starts bearing interest from the 1st of the following month. Note that money withdrawn between the 1st and the 15th only earns interest up to the last day of the previous month and that sums withdrawn between the 16th and the last day of the month earn interest up to the 15th of that month. Remember this rule when you’re making withdrawals and deposits. If not, money left in your account for short periods might end up earning absolutely no interest at all!
For you, Crédit Agricole… has created an online stock market service so you can track and manage your portfolio at all times.
Your Compte Titres on line
With Crédit Agricole on line, you can :
- manage your share portfolio and check on your account
- -control your savings by buying and/or selling shares
Anyone who holds a Crédit Agricole current account. If you are not yet a client of the Crédit Agricole, you can open your current account and Compte Titres at the same time.
- Use your Compte Titres to bring together all of your short-, medium- and long-term stock market investments:
- shares in French or foreign companies,
- securities from French or foreign companies,
- SICAV (“investment company with variable capital”) and mutual funds,
- warrants (at-term share or security purchasing rights) and other complex financial products.
- You can buy and sell as many shares as you wish. There are no limits on your Compte Titres, either in terms of the amount invested or the total number of shares.
With a Compte Titres (Shares Account), you can invest at your own pace. You can choose between:
- occasional deposits. You buy shares when you have funds and the market situation is right,
- regular transfers. With a Crédit Agricole Plan d'Epargne Boursière (PEB) (1) (Stock Market Savings Plan – PEB), you choose the amount and frequency of transfers to SICAVs or mutual funds.
- Income from shares (dividends), securities (coupons), share SICAVS and monetary or obligatory SICAVs are subject to specific tax arrangements.
- Capital gains on all market investments are taxed according to the total amount sold over the year:
- if you have sold shares with a total value of less than €20,000 in 2007, the capital gains are not subject to tax,
- if you have sold shares with a total value of more than €20,000 in 2007, the total capital gains are taxed at 27% (16% flat rate witholding tax and 11% social security contributions).
Some advice for investing in the stock market
- Adapt your investments to suit your financial situation, your investment goals, your targeted returns and the level of risk that you are prepared to accept.
- Be sure to diversify your share portfolio.
- Opt for a small number of shares with a balanced spread of investments across different products, sectors and regions.
- Use existing market information sources, such as the Crédit Agricole Online Stock Market Service, to follow your portfolio.
- Respect the recommended minimum term of each investment.
SICAV and mutual funds are managed by Crédit Agricole Asset Management, a portfolio management company recognised by the AMF under n° GP 04000036 - a limited company with a capital of €546,162,915 - 90 Bd Pasteur 75015 Paris - 437 574 452 RCS Paris.
Simplified prospectuses are available upon request from participating branches of Crédit Agricole.
Contact your financial advisor for further information about the conditions of this offer within your regional office of the Crédit Agricole.
I have a lot of securities, including a number of shares. Is a Compte Titres (Shares Account) the right choice for me ?
It depends on the kind of shares you hold, the country they come from and the investment term. Compared to a Plan d’Épargne en Actions (Share Savings Plan – PEA), a Compte Titres:
- allows you to invest in all kinds of financial instrument (shares as well as bonds, mutual funds or complex financial products such as warrants),
- allows you to invest on all stock markets around the world,
- benefits from a specific tax regime, regardless of the investment term.
Contact your Crédit Agricole bank advisor. They will help you identify the option that best meets your needs.